Saturday, June 21, 2014

Facebook makes promising improvements to right column ads

Facebook did well when it introduced news feed ads. They were big, encouraged engagement, and compatible with mobile devices. When I saw how effective they were, I started using the ads on the right column less and less. They just weren't worth the trouble anymore.

But Facebook has announced that they're making changes. The column ads will be bigger, and as a consequence, fewer ads will be displayed. The image size wil also be akin to that of the news feed, so I'll only need to prepare one image for both.

I like these changes. I'll start using those right column ads again; hopefully, the ROI on that ad unit would go up.

Read more about this at Venture Beat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything to say? Comment away!